'Parasite': Saugat's Review

I hadn't watched such a moving movies lately,
and even with language barrier the movie was an absolute eye-catching, breath-taking, heart-rending and what not. The movie has been nominated for six Oscar awards including best pictures and best Director.
It was just mesmerizing the way director puts together the class struggles of the contemporary Korean society. The upper class complaining about trivial stuffs like how bad their driver smells, to that of the lower class grumbling with some passerby who always seem to piss near their window.
The movie actually enunciated several feelings in me. Indeed, that's my neurons trying to make sense of the movie; that shows the passion of director who understands and connects with the audiences. Usually, I get distracted while watching movies, but this time, I was pausing the movie every time I need to check something whatsoever. Okay, I accept, that might be because I couldn't understand the language itself, but the plot was also fast paced, twisty. You could never predict whats coming next. The name 'Parasite' also keeps me wondering. There were six people fighting for the right to be servant of the big house. How they were happy to serve other. The character portrayal of the man living in the basement was masterpiece.

Image result for parasite movie review
Parasite deserves Oscar for me
It touched me the way he said that it looks as if centuries have gone by since he lived in that basement and entreats to live in there for the rest of his life.
I was also wondering about the biological connection of the movie as well. Just remember, in our body, its been estimated that more parasitic cells live then our very own cells. Just remember how many basements have been occupied and how happy those cells might be there. And we don't talk or even care about them. Well they are all doing our tiny stuffs, taking care of us. And We are all consumed up with big stuffs, brain stuffs and fancy talking and our parasitic cells are just happy worshiping and working diligently like the man who keeps on lighting the bulb when his master passes by the ladder. It might be my own assumptive connection, but I literally felt that way.
Though, its how we survive in general as well.
The level of understanding the director has, regarding perfection of plot and how to present the idea, that worked perfectly for me. Its one of the best movies that I had watched lately. No wonder if it won Oscar this Year, though I haven't watched other movies.

Post a Comment

0 Comments